Sunday, October 9, 2022

HOW TO DEAL WITH A FULL WARDROBE, NO MORE SPACE FOR NEW CLOTHES

My wardrobe size is 2m x 2m x 0.75m with clothes for Winter, Summer, party, work, sports. When I graduated from university, jobless, having a tiny amount saving from tutoring, I had no idea about the feeling of being enough, always starved for beautiful things like clothes, accessories, perfume… Luckily, I feel enough now with no need of buying more clothes. However, the need of feeling new and different every day still exists. But my wardrobe is full now, even using a washing machine doesn’t make my clothes old fast enough. This is quite annoyed firstly. Some of my friends solve the issue by having 2 wardrobes, 1 in their bedroom, 1 from converted another room to a walking closet. It works for a specific time.

When I was small, my family was not rich. I had been taught to study hard and do housework. Hang out with friend rarely happened, might be 2 hours per week max. That’s how 8X generation has been raised. After war, all families worked their ass off building thing from nothingness. So, money has a special meaning in my life, important to have an easy life. Being beauty never have high priority in my life. Just beauty enough, I don’t have the urge to be extremely beauty like Kim Kardashian or Ngoc Trinh or Toc Tien. To have surgery, taking medicine to lose weight, diet by stop eating my favorite food are never an option to me. I enjoy eating good food highly decorated, good wine, delicious cake which goes well with dark coffee and strong tea. And I do enjoy seeing myself beautiful, healthy, fashion enough.

People usually said that women is obsessed with shopping. From my friends and my experience, over-shopping is a symptom of loneliness in women. I see that Vietnamese women somehow struggle between housework and freedom. We do not expert at using our free time on our own. In the end, we turn back to housework and shopping which are 2 easiest ways to spend time. We did not get used with the term of solo traveling, researching, investment, wine friend, sport friend.

It took me quite a long time to build my routine of researching, exercise, and hangout. Instead of buying clothes to stay new and different every day, I read Elle fashion magazine for having trending fashion view and apply back to my existing clothes. In weekend, I can mix and match my clothes following the new ways I saw in weekdays. That method works out quite enough for me.

Besides, simple DIY is the effective hobby to refresh old clothes. The easiest way is to cut old pants to shorts, old t-shirts to crop top. Short skirt and dress can be fixed by sewing an extended floral lace fabric. Outdated dress can be cut in 2 pieces, 1 crop top, 1 skirt. Many DIY methods are waiting for your experiment.

When you have cut down the cost and the time for shopping, that amount can spend for new things.

-        Learning new language: invest in your mind

-        Rent or buy a clean, bright house: invest in your mind, your health

-        Try new sports: train your mind, improve your health, your future

-        Spend time with friends like operate a party at home, hang out: invest in your relationship 

-        Researching Real estate, …

When learning car driving, I have a chance to meet a lot of beautiful friends at the car driving test center. We keep our friendship till now. They sometimes share about their experience in surgery and what new surgery they are going to take. To this topic, I have no comment since my focus nowadays lied with road bike for sprint triathlon. Investigating a fit road bike for Vietnamese women costs me almost weekend free time. Frame size, geometry, head tube, stack, tire, saddle, … are all new terms to me. This is just an example of how to spend your free time effectively. Don’t need to be obsessed with making more money but focus on developing yourself inside out is a true long-term goal.

Having enough money, fit body, good appearance, healthy mind are my cement bricks to happier life.

Each woman has their own interest. Mine is above but yours might be other things. Find yours and try them out. Some people might be uncertain what is your interest. Some days, you recognized that your hobby turn out is not your thing. Just leave it and move on. At least, your knowledge is enriched with something deep. We have many decades lie ahead, means many times to try and fail and try again till we find out our things. Catch a hint of feeling, dig it out, inspect it, invest your time, your energy. It is better than doing nothing or blindly follow what people said.

Switch gear, stop buying clothes, start investigating to buy new meaningful things is an option worth a try.



No comments:

Post a Comment